Monday, December 12, 2011

Cassy's Card

Today as I was checking my emails for Thankasoldier I received this email from a woman in Ontario who told me about her six year old daughter who had created a Christmas Card she wanted to send to soldiers.

"During Christmas break my 6 year old daughter Cassy created the attached card. Now what I think makes it so special is the fact that when she made it she was 1/2 way thru before she said to me " I'm making a Christmas Card for the soldiers Mummy" when I said " That is a great idea honey is this something you are talking about at school." Her answer was "No I just felt like doing it". I was so proud of her and I just had to share it. So I was wondering if you could help me forward it to "the soldiers."

"Do you mean soldiers in Afghanistan? Or do you mean the soldiers here in Toronto?"

I asked Cassy which soldiers she meant and this was her reply.... "I meant the soldiers who have died, and the soldiers in Afghanistan, and the soldiers in Hati, and here and all over the world. I know that we can't guarantee that the dead ones will see it but I want every soldier in the world to see it".


I replied and told them about my "Christmas cards for Sunnybrook Veterans" project and they are going to get involved and send a few along to the address.


IMPORTANT: If you are on Twitter it would be amazing to see #CassysCard trending and this is my attempt to make that happen, so if you have a twitter account you can copy and paste the following and TWEET IT :) 


Help 6yr old Cassy get her Christmas wish for troops http://bit.ly/CasCard #CassysCard



Here is a photo of her card :


If you know someone serving and want to send them the link to this page feel free too share it with whomever and help this little girl with her goal for every soldier to see her card.

Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment