Sunday, October 25, 2009

Koi and Sakura.


After two sessions Tomas is well under way with his Irezumi piece depicting Koi and Sakura (cherry blossoms), which is perhaps the second most popular design at the Horimatsu Studio.
Do I ever grow tired of doing the same designs over and over? Hell no! They never come out the same twice, even if I try my hardest.
Working with a client, it's inevitable that the indivudal personality of that human being gets mirrored in the Irezumi piece. It's not something I consiously strive for, yet it's always present when I look at the finnished piece.
Also, the constant grinding and polishing of the rock creates a smoother and more perfect result. Not that I think that this Koi wil be better or not better than any other I've done before, or any other about to see creation. There's no point in judging Irezumi like that. There is no real before or after. Only NOW. This Koi. On this Person. Created by this Horishi. None of these factors will remain tomorrow.
Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment