Friday, February 10, 2012

Military Minds - Member Drive



Military Minds was started in May 2011 by Cpl. Chris Dupee (Canadian Forces) after returning from his most recent deployment in Afghanistan.

In May of 2011 I opened up Military Minds mobile powerwashing, my goal was to have a Military themed company to employ veterans that were out of work. I personally found it disturbing that these Soldiers would put their lives on the line for their country yet not be able to find a job once back home. The saying hero to zero was those guys to a tee. I was lucky enough to be employed full time by the military but the reservists that I was working with were not. - Read the full history here 

I met Chris on Facebook about three years ago when he was on tour with a FOB unit in Afghanistan, I had sent out an email at my work about sending over a care package and quickly we had enough to send about six boxes of good over to him and the guys in his unit.  

Cpl Dupee then released a YouTube video speaking out about PTSD and his own battle with it which has already helped a few other soldiers come forward for help.  If 10,000 people watch one of his videos and it helps one soldier then it is worth it.


LIKE MILITARY MINDS ON FACEBOOK





No comments:

Post a Comment