Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Donate blood in honour of a Fallen Hero


Please take a moment to check out the email I received from a good friend of mine Angelia Phillips who is a Gold Star Mom of fallen US Soldier SPC. Michael Phillips.  I met Angelia on Facebook many years ago and she has helped with every project I have ever launched as well as talked about our page on group on every radio show she has been on and I have always wanted to come up with a way to say thanks and I can't think of a better way than by helping her honour her son Michael.


On Feb. 24th 2008 my son, Spc. Micheal “Pokey” Phillips gave his life for freedom. I tell people often to not dwell on that day and how he died but to dwell on how he lived. One thing Micheal often did was to give blood and the gift of life. This year to honor how he lived we are holding the first annual “Spc. Micheal ‘Pokey’ Phillips Memorial Blood Drive” 

Yes this started as a local event but many people across the world have come to me saying they would give where they are in his memory. So I am asking you to give the gift of life to honor a man who gave the gift of his life for others.

Please help keep other families from facing the painful path of losing a loved one. If you do choose to give the gift of life in Micheal’s memory I ask you to please take a picture of yourself giving blood and share it either here or on the facebook group page

Thank you
Angelia Phillips
Gold Star Mom of
Spc. Micheal “Pokey” Phillips





The students of Ardmore High School National Honor Society in conjunction with the Oklahoma Blood Institute are sponsoring a Blood drive in memory of Spc. Micheal "Pokey" Phillips a former Ardmore High school student who was Killed in Action while serving in Iraq. 
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP 

No comments:

Post a Comment