Monday, September 14, 2009

Fresh(u).


The last two weeks have been full of steps, whispers, backtracking, forward leaps and japanese cigarettes. My friend Alex Reinke and I finally managed to get our things together and make that trip to Japan we talked about doing together so many years ago.

Alex (Horikitsune) has made the trip back to Yokohama more times than he dares to count or remember. Of my own four previous trips to Japan only one has taken me to Yokohama, and not much further than Yodobashi Camera, a mere stone throw away from the train tracks.

The past fourteen days saw me on the streets of Yokohama, dragging a crazy foot behind me. It saw me in Fukuoka, Kyoto, Nara, Fukui and Tokyo as well. Someplaces new, some not.

Returning home is bittersweet. I am created to live back there, but destiny's put my beloved family right here. Accept and adapt. What can I do?

So it's time to assume the position, shoulder the responsibility, the one thing I knew I had to do.
Needle and Sumi. Patterns of the heart and spirit. I don't even bite my lip as I face it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment