Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Floating World.


Today the Tebori felt light and easy, almost like it had decided to do what I told it to. Of course, nothing is that easy.

The studio has now expanded to twice the size and there's room for studio photograpy and serious painting. Tried my hand at Sumi, brush and paper yesterday. A good start with the exact result expected after one single painting. I will attack it again very soon. It's all in the attack. One second of hesitation leads to death in every possible way imaginable.

I have still not yet arrived fully at this home of mine. The sensation of being a ghost is clear, but my form becomes firmer and more recognizable as the hours pass. I still have Yokohama air in my lungs, Kyoto food on my mind and a terrible longing for the Eheiji floorboards. I suffer in beauty.

(the Irezumi in the photo was created by Horiyoshi I of Yokohama)

No comments:

Post a Comment