Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why I respect the Boston Bruins & Bobby Orr


I am going to tell you a very special story but out of respect for the family I am not going to be posting names but I did get the ok to tell this.

A few years ago a Canadian soldiers had been killed while serving his country in Afghanistan and he was a very proud Boston Bruins fan and made this very well known to those he knew and even had photos taken with a Bruins flag while on tour in Afghanistan. He left behind a fiancée and very young daughter.

A few months after he had passed she received in the mail a large parcel from the Boston Bruins, in this package was a signed jersey from the entire team and tickets for a game in Boston. The soldiers favorite player of all time was Bobby Orr and the last thing that she pulled out of the parcel was a game worn signed Bobby Orr jersey with a note to her daughter that read.

"I was your dad's hero, but he is mine" - Bobby Orr



No comments:

Post a Comment